Sunday, June 08, 2008

Got To Wisconsin

Don't know if I should consider it an opportunity to practice or a disadvantage. The weather between Austin and Milwaukee has been terrible. Heavy rain and high winds. Even had a chance to hear the Tornado Warning Sirens.

I could, I suppose, practice foul weather photography. I have opted for keeping the DSLR safe and dry. Plus I was more concerned about keeping the car on the road.

Arrived on Saturday, just in front of the storm that nailed the Milwaukee Zoo. The "planned" visit may be postponed on this trip.

Biggest problem is the quantity of rain. The storm sewers will catch up, eventually. But, you get some temporary flooding. I know where the low water crossings and low streets are in Round Rock. I'm not so sure here in Milwaukee.

On the plus side, we're going to go looking for rubber boots this afternoon. Mid-calf to knee high, all rubber, with a good tread. I'm betting that the farm stores here have more comfortable work boots for dairy farming, and at a better price, that more expensive hunting boots. I used to have some fishing boots with a steel shank, you could wear those for 12 hours comfortably no matter how much you hiked.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home