Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Back from the Midwest

Overall, the trip was a success. We found the gum boots in Wisconsin, and Turkey run had enough rain that we could try them out. Nice and snug with heavy socks and the walking wasn't too bad. I think they'll do the job.

The weekly assignment is Natural Framing. I had that in mind when we were trying out the boots. The trail followed a stream bed, plenty of mud, but deep cut channels into the rock. Got a photo to use for the Weekly Assignment

On the way back to Texas, we stopped in Paducah for an afternoon. They have a Quilt Museum. While Joanne looked at quilts, I went down to the flood wall. It is all covered with murals. I wanted to take a couple "framing" shots. Didn't use them for DPS, but one was interesting. It is the Ohio river through a door-way. Almost looks like a mural itself. That's the one I'm using for the Weekly Photo.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home