Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Digital Chase

Stopped by the local camera store on the way back from lunch this afternoon. They had an Alpha 100 (Sony) demonstration model. We had stopped by last week, but they had sold out their models, including the demo model.

I have a Minolta SLR, with two lenses. I wanted to physically see if my lens would work on the Sony. All the reviews indicated they would. But I wanted to see. The lens I brought along worked fine.

The A-100 is an earlier model. The current top of the line is the A-700. I read the reviews for both.

I concluded that the A-700 had too many features. If I was a serious amateur, I’d probably want all the bells and whistles. I want something I can operate in cold weather, so the buttons and fewer choices on the A-100 seems the better choice.

So, I ordered the A-100 Body. Should have it next Monday.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home