Thursday, February 14, 2008

Bought The Monopod

Ran some errands today, kind of all over the Round Rock and Austin area. In the process, I picked up the monopod. I had planned on getting it Wednesday, on my way back from SCORE. But the camera store doesn’t stock them.

Instead I got out the yellow pages and checked with other camera stores. Found one that had them in stock.

What I picked up was a Bogen (Manfrotto) 676B Light Monopod.. About 19 inches collapsed. Looks like it’s going to do the job. It will certainly pack in the duffle-bag. That was one requirement.

I also picked up a Bogen 3229 swivle head with quick release. It has a mount and a release mechanism. The release part has an extra pin for locking.

I wasn’t paying attention to where the lens was pointing relative to mount mechanism. When I unscrewed the lock for tilting, the camera move forward and pointed down. Fixed the orientation and now can swing from horizontal to vertical.

And the main feature, being able to move from monopod to hand-held was accomplished. Perhaps not as fluid as I want for November. But that will come with practice.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home